Sunday, February 13, 2011

The first part

I guess some people call this the introduction. This is the who, the why, and the what.

The who: I'm Sarah, and I'm currently working on a Master's Degree in Holistic Nutrition. I am also a fan of action movies (I'm currently watching The Expendables for the 2nd time, I love these guys.) What girl can say no to Sylvester Stallone flying a Grumman HU-16, drinking a beer, rocking out to Georgia Satellites, hanging with Jason Statham? Not me. If you're looking for reviews of Nicholas Sparks books/movies, you should look elsewhere. Note: Future blogs may also mention Star Trek/other sci-fi series episodes, rock music, or classic novels. What can I say? I'm a girl of many interests. Just not sappy yuck.

The why: I got bit by a tick in June 2009 and contracted Lyme's Disease. Three 1-month courses of antibiotics helped the major symptoms, but I was left with some pain, chronic fatigue, and weight gain that I couldn't shake. Through the use of acupuncture I managed the pain, but I could not shake the rest of the problems. I am hoping that through the use of a holistic approach, the rest of the symptoms will be alleviated as well.
Helping mom write is hard work!

What: This blog is a way for me to share the things I am learning with others who may be interested in bettering their health through a more holistic approach to life. I'm becoming part foodie, part consultant (although not professionally - yet), part activist. 

So, keep coming back for tips, hints, and ideas for living a healthier life!

No comments:

Post a Comment